Web Design simply refers to the process of creation up to maintenance of websites. Whether you run a traditional business like this roll compactor equipment manufacturer or an online store like this scented candles retailer does, doing your research and having a great web design is key as it is your first impression on potential clients.
There are different aspects of web-design and they include, interface design, web-graphic design, user-experience design, authoring as well as search-engine optimization. Here is an outline by seo manchester and web design professionals that will help you get started on the right foot.
Web Design has key elements such as;
• Layout- how the texts, graphics, and ads are arranged. A good web design should be pleasing aesthetically and easy to use. It should also suit the brand and the target audience.
• Graphics – This Includes photos, logos and icons or clipart used to enhance the site’s appearance.
• Color- it depends on the purpose of the website and the choice of the client. A website can simply be black and white or have a multi-colored design.
• Font – there are multiple fonts which can be used to enhance the appearance of the website being designed. These fonts are known as the web-safe-fonts and they include Times New Roman, Arial, Times etc.
• Content – the message the website displays which can be through texts or visuals such as pictures and videos. Content should be relevant and also useful.
Jim Jackson runs the website for this borehole drilling company and this hairdressers warrington business and notes “There are two common ways of designing a desktop or mobile website i.e. the adaptive design and responsive design. Content in a responsive web design usually moves dynamically as per the size of the display screen.”
Peter Ormand runs the website for MT Mechelec and this laser tattoo removal milwaukee business and notes “The adaptive design’s content is normally in fixed layouts which match the common display-screen size hence it’s essential for the web designer to use a layout that can be consistently used by various devices.”
Overall, a good web design should:
• Have a navigation bar with menus and navigation tools which will help the website user to move around with a lot of ease and to easily find the information that they need.
• Be compatible with different operating systems and run well on different browsers. This makes it easy to view the site.
• Be interactive in order to increase user participation. The designer can add a comment box, questionnaires, opinion poll, a news-letter sign-up option, email forms etc.